Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, March 14, 2008

Welcome to the Crazy Club

Well, I've recently discovered that I suffer from a mental illness known as Borderline Personality Disorder. I have to admit, I'm relieved. It turns out I'm not a bad person after all, I'm just crazy! It's also nice to know that my mother doesn't, in fact, hate me, she's also crazy. (Fortunately for me, she doesn't know about this blog)
I always assumed that if I manifested a mental illness it would free me from the consequences of my actions. That's not the case. It has, however, freed me from assuming the worst about myself every time I freak out. Also, now I have a starting point for getting better. My husband is incredibly supportive. He got me a book that is a skills training manual. From what I've read about this particular disorder, it's not necessarily a chemical imbalance so I'm taking antidepressants occasionally and I'm working on retraining myself. I just want to stop screaming at my kids (they're really terrific!) and start liking myself. Here's to me!

1 comment:

sues2u2 said...

Reading this I also wondered if maybe an online support group might not be a good thing. I know that they are really starting (groups) to become the "in" thing to do but I have friends who are in different ones for different things who get lots out of them. I've been advised several times to join one for vitiligo on Hanae's behalf. Should probably look one up for me too, now that I think about it.