Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

So very tired

I'm exhausted.  I'm pretty sure I was asleep before 11pm, but I woke up around 2:45am and couldn't go back to sleep.  Not at all.  I stayed in bed trying to sleep until 5:20 when I gave up and got up with Chloe.

I think the problem was the conversation I had with Graeme's teacher yesterday afternoon.  It seems Graeme's acting up in class again (big surprise) and she just wanted to let me know.  She was pretty sure part of the problem is some boys teasing him so she's been keeping a closer watch (apparently) and she considering moving Graeme farther away from one particular boy.  Just out of curiousity I asked if she had called the other boy's mother.  Here's the response: NO.

Then today I got another email from Graeme's other teacher complaining about his behavior in class.  I have to admit, I'm not sure what she expects me to do.  I'M NOT THERE.  I'll talk to him (some more) but I just don't understand why she can't solve this problem herself.  She's the teacher, she's there, I'M NOT.  I would be willing to take more responsibility for his behavior except we've already been through this with Chloe.  Four years of teachers at that school telling me what a horrible child she was and now that she's in a different school she's getting straight A's, her teachers love her and she loves school.  What's changed?  Hmmmmm.

I'm this close to doing something I will severely regret later.

1 comment:

sues2u2 said...

First of all I think you are being very patient & I would probably do something I'd regret. That said, I'm behind you all the way. I know what awesome, amazing (okay, they can be stinkers too but since they ARE kids I think they have to be sometimes. It's in the kid handbook) & just totally wonderful kids you have.

Also? I love you guys tons!