Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Eyes that can SEE

I'm so grateful for the kind and encouraging comments I received on that last post. While I'm still feeling a bit discouraged, I had somewhat of a breakthrough Tuesday night. Kai hadn't been feeling well for a couple of days and that night his right eye became red and goopy. Obviously pink eye, my kids have had it often enough that we've gotten really good at recognizing it.

Or so I thought.

See, my eyes have been very irritated and uncomfortable for more than a week. In fact, my left eye had gotten so bad that I couldn't really see, but it happened so gradually that I wasn't consciously aware of the severity of the problem. I was truly suffering but until I pulled out the eye drops for Kai I didn't know why. Now, after only a few doses of eye drops (that were in the medicine cabinet the whole time), I can see! I'm not capable of putting into words how much better I feel. It truly amazes me that something as insignificant as pink eye can cause me such huge problems and be solved by something as simple as a few eye drops.

I guess it's sort of like praying for help and immediately feeling the love and support of family and friends. Who knew?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad you're feeling better (your eyes and your spirit)! I'm serious about getting together soon for a hike or something!

sues2u2 said...

I still find it pretty amazing that you didn't have any of the other symptoms.

Really(!) glad that you are feeling better.

love ya

Pat said...

I'm glad you are feeling and seeing better. I guess we have to experience what our kids do at times to really appreciate what's happening with them.

Love ya,