Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The Dream

Early this morning after Brian left for Salt Lake, I went back to sleep and had a dream. In this dream I did something that I would NEVER do in real life. It was really fun and exciting and at the time (in the dream) I really enjoyed it.

When I woke up, for a brief moment, I thought that it was real and I had really done the terrible thing that I did in my dream.

My whole world came crashing down around me. In that split second before I realized that it was only a dream, I saw that my actions would result in the loss of every person and every thing important to me. My husband and kids, my church membership, all the projects and work that have been so stressful for me lately would be gone from my life. I wanted to die.

When the moment passed and I realized that mistake had never actually been made, the relief and gratitude that I felt were overwhelming. I got down on my knees and thanked my Heavenly Father for the wonderful life that I have. Life really is good and I guess I just need the occasional reminder to keep me on the straight and narrow.

2 comments:

sues2u2 said...

The odd thing is that I've had a couple of dreams like that too. Usually for me, they strike the same cord.

love ya tons!

Pat said...

I think we all need that reminder so we are reminded how important our life really is.

I love you,
Mom