Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, March 4, 2011

A lull

This morning I ran a 5k on the treadmill at the gym.  All by myself.  No walking and with only two very short rests to catch my breath.  After doing 15 minutes on the elliptical.  Me, 100 pounds overweight, asthmatic, severely depressed, very tired, me.  No trainer or running partner or anything.  It was really, really hard and I sat in the parking lot sobbing when I was done but I did it.

After that I went to Weight Watcher's and found out that I lost 2 pounds this week.  Not a huge amount, but enough to keep me on the insurance weight loss program.

And last night Brian and I went to parent-teacher conference and found out that Graeme is doing better (behavior) in school.  He and Kai both are at the top of their classes academically.

I guess sometimes the wind stops blowing for a few minutes and I realize that even though my windows were rattled and I lost a few shingles, my foundation is still strong.

2 comments:

sues2u2 said...

You are my inspiration, Skip. I know that you will make it. You will achieve your dreams.

Love ya!

Pat said...

Great job I am so proud of you. I should have such determination. You WILL succeed just keep the faith.