Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

So freakin' cold!

It was cold yesterday.  Really cold.  Then the wind blew all night.  Here's what we woke up to (this is my kitchen window):


Yep, that's ice on the window.  The INSIDE of the window.

A LOT of ice.


And here's a picture of our actual thermometer taken this morning (actually at 8:12 am) AFTER the sun came up to prove that I'm not just imagining things.


Of course, that's just the air temperature.  The wind chill was 15 to 20 degrees colder than that.  Needless to say, I refused to let Chloe and the neighbor boy walk to the bus stop at 6:30am but it was so ridiculously cold that the stupid van wouldn't start.  The car started, but the gremlin who lives in the car killed the blower so INSIDE the car wasn't significantly warmer than OUTSIDE the car and it's a miracle I didn't hit some poor slob on my way to and from the bus stop since the windows were all frozen over.  I'm also a little surprised that I managed to escape frostbite since my hands were so cold when I got home that they hurt.

The thing that REALLY chaps my hide is the fact that it's this UNBELIEVABLY cold and we HAVE NO SNOW.  The rest of the country is LITERALLY BURIED and I have NAKED GRASS and a stupid FROZEN VAN BATTERY!  Deep breaths.  Six more weeks of winter?  Just shoot me now!

2 comments:

sues2u2 said...

Okay, so that is Bad. W/ a capital "B". I still think that frozen cars & all you made the right decision to take the kids to the bus stop. Even w/o heat it was still better than them standing in all that freezing wind.

Pat said...

Oh how awful. I wondered if you guys were having problems with this cold. Well being inside the car was a tiny bit better because you didn't have the "wind/breeze" on their little faces. Our furnace ran all night even though we turned the temperature down and we aren't as cold as you guys.