Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Off cruise control, back on the wagon

So last spring I hit rock bottom in the old self-esteem arena. After getting up and dusting myself off, I jumped on the first weight loss bandwagon I could find and headed up. I did really well until about Oct. when my self-esteem had recovered somewhat and I started to become distracted by silly things like Holidays (imagine that word all deep and echo-y and the capital "h" will make more sense).

The good news is: I didn't put all the weight I'd lost back on, (I'm still down 40 lbs) but I did slip into cruise control and stopped losing. It turns out that losing weight is scary. I'm changing and I think the Holidays (again with the deep and echo-y) gave me a convenient excuse to take a little break and come to terms with the idea of change. Anyway, while it's discouraging to go three months without dropping an ounce, I'm feeling pretty encouraged that I managed to go that long without gaining any either. Maybe this means that when I finally reach my goal I'll be able to maintain it for the rest of my long, healthy life. Hmmm.....

My point is that I'm back to business, back on the wagon, and completely out of cruise control. Watch for monthly updates and please keep reminding me that I've only got until Oct. to drop the rest of the weight (all 110 lbs of it). I'm not going to call it a New Year's resolution, but this is a new year and I am resolved. Hey, if the shoe fits.

3 comments:

Sues2u2 said...

Great non-resolution. I like the whole echo-y thing too. Good one.

Skipper, Skipper, she's our wo-man!
She can do it, yes, she can!
(repeat in chanting tone)

Pat said...

Yea for you!!! I am so happy for you, the fact that you didn't gain any during the holidays. I did, I'm afraid and I didn't even come off a loss. I was sure I would jump right on the lose weight bandwagon the first of the year. I have a good excuse for not doing it. I'm sick, hard to stick with that type of thing when your body feels like crap. Please keep your thoughts positive for me to get on there when I get over this mess. I am so happy for you. YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love ya,
Mom

Brian said...

It's taken me too long to get around to this, but I have to share how proud I am of you, Skipper. You're an inspiration and a great example.

Keep it up, hot stuff!