Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, March 9, 2009

This is the winter that never ends

Yesterday, the sun was shining, it was 50 degrees outside, I could see the grass, the strawberries and daylilies were starting to come up and the birds were singing.
Today, we woke up to this:

Eight inches of freshly fallen snow. Brian was snowblowing and shoveling for an hour so that we could get out of our driveway. I had to laugh at my van's "mohawk" made of snow:
It's a good thing today's not trash day!

This is a cooler (standing on end) that I put on the back porch to give you an idea of just how deep eight inches of snow is:

The kicker is, it's still snowing! Ugh! I'm going to die the cold, silent death of endless winter.
I guess today I'd better be most grateful for:
snow blowers
snow shovels
and
snow plows.
Sigh.

5 comments:

sues2u2 said...

You know I don't know that we can handle that much cold & snow right now. Nik would love to come & shovel the snow for you though as long as someone would want to have a snowball fight!

Pat said...

Wow, I heard you guys had gotten a ton of snow. Sorry to hear most of it hit your yard. But seriously just think it's nice and clean looking. What can I say, I think this winter is going on forever too.

Love ya,

Anna Dutson said...

I couldn't believe the snow today either! It took me completely by surprise.

mommynolan said...

I too wonder if the snow will ever end this year. We have lived in this valley for 19 winters, without a snow blower,(is it no wonder I have a back ache?) and plows that seem to fill our driveway deeper and deeper each new storm. We had a total of 12-14 inches by the time all was said and done, not as much as Hyrum but ENOUGH!
Look at it this way, if we die before Spring, we didn't have to plant the garden. If we live until Spring truly arrives, we made it! Either way, we win!

Rebecca said...

OH! I am SO over this crummy snow, too.