Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me! - Part Two

I had a really great birthday yesterday. Even though I had to do laundry, pay bills, take care of kids, shuttle kids here and there, etc., lots of people remembered me on my special day (with little to no prodding from me). Honestly, the older I get, the more I appreciate a simple "Happy Birthday" or a card. It's just nice to know that someone other than me is glad that I was born. :)

I did get to go out to dinner with Brian and the kids and Mom and Dad which was a lot of fun. I got to put on a big goofy sombrero while everyone sang "Happy Birthday" and I got a free dessert (fried ice cream). Yum! The best part was that the kids' dinners were free because it was Tuesday! Then, when we got home, we discovered that a couple of my friends had left a nice surprise for me:Let's face it, it's not a birthday without balloons and crepe paper! When Kai came into the kitchen this morning he looked at the decorations and said: "It's still Mommy's birthday!" I think I've about convinced him that it isn't actually still my birthday, but he's sure going to be confused when we pull out the ice cream cake that we didn't have time to eat yesterday!
All in all, I feel very loved. Thanks everybody!

4 comments:

sues2u2 said...

Your kitchen looks so cute! What great friends you have. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your birthday.

Anna Dutson said...

Sounds like you had a fun birthday!

That's awesome that you have a peach tree and that you bottled peaches. Peaches are one of the foods I can't go a day without this pregnancy!

You're yard looks great!

Rebecca said...

Happy Birthday babe! It's always GREAT to see you!!

Rachael said...

Happy (late) birthday! Hey - we shot for the 23rd, but just missed it! We'll visit soon! Love ya!