Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

A word about Kai

Well, Kai started preschool today. I wish I could say this means I had a little alone time but I very foolishly signed up to help in Graeme's class on Tuesdays while Kai is in school. Don't get me wrong, I love seeing my kids with all the other kids, learning and growing, I just could REALLY REALLY use a break. Sigh. Kai had such a great time at school that he burst into tears when I came to pick him up. It's so nice to be appreciated.
I can't believe how big my kids are getting, especially my boys. Graeme and Kai both need new pants because the ones I bought last year are too short. Graeme's feet are exactly one size bigger than Chloe's and he's only about 1/2 inch shorter than her. I imagine by the end of the year he'll be taller than her. Time is rushing by faster than I can believe. I realized today that I've only got about ten more years with all three of my kids at home. Ten years isn't very long!
Oh well. On the lighter side of things, I had a funny experience on Sunday. I helped out in Kai's nursery class. One of the little girls in his class was very affectionate. She kept kissing the little girl sitting on one side of her. When that little girl got tired of it, she turned to the other side and started kissing Kai. Well, Kai and I play the kissy game all the time so he thought it was a game and kissed her right back! The other teachers and I giggled and reluctantly broke it up. These little kids are so sweet and innocent; I really do love them in spite of all my complaining!

1 comment:

Pat said...

Now that just goes to show you how loving and affectionate Kai is. He has a tender heart just like Graeme and they will be loved by all the "girls" and probably guys too. Good luck in the teenage years! Glad I'm the Grandma!!

Love ya,