Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Look what we did!

That's right, folks. They're peaches! A whole bushel fresh from Brigham City and we canned them all by ourselves! I have to admit I feel like a kid learning how to ride a bike. It was scary but they turned out great. They even all sealed!

Aren't they beautiful? I did most of the peeling and cutting and Brian did the mixing of the syrup and the loading and unloading of the steamer and the wet bath. The canning world is our oyster. Who knows, maybe we'll tackle applesauce next! Anything could happen!

2 comments:

sues2u2 said...

Wow! Look @ how beautiful they all are. Yuuummmmmyyyyy!!!

I like the new pix of the kids too. So sweet are my niece & nephews.

Pat said...

They look absolutely beautiful! Great job. One thing about canning you always feel such a rush of being proud of yourself. I know we've been there.

Sounds like you and Brian did the same way your Dad and I have done in the past.

Love ya,