Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

sweet freedom

As I was riding my bike home from the school yesterday (baby trailer in tow) after dropping off my son for his first day of kindergarten, I noticed a very interesting thing. Moms throughout the neighborhood were stepping out of their houses, hands raised to keep the bright sun out of eyes unaccustomed to direct sunlight. The first movement of Beethoven's sixth symphony began running through my mind as I watched them congregate on porches and at mailboxes with only very small children to hamper their newfound freedom. I understood exactly how they felt; after all, I was heading home to put my youngest down for a nap. I enjoyed blessed quiet and solitude for two whole hours. What a beautiful thing school is!

1 comment:

Brian said...

Booyah! Simpson's reference!

Keep up the good work, hon. It's great.