Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, June 6, 2008

Whew, spring!

Well, I've fallen out of the habit of blogging again. Maybe with the kids out of school I can get back in the habit.
What a crazy spring this has been! I love the cool weather but I'm a little bit concerned about our plants. It's been raining so much I'm afraid they're all going to mold before they can really grow. We finally got a garden in this year and the seeds we planted are growing in spite of the cat's best efforts to dig them all up. We have peas, beans, corn, peppers, eggplants, watermelon, pumpkins and lettuce. We also have raspberry plants that are doing well and strawberry plants that are loaded with berries. In fact, I believe one of the berries should be ripe today. What really cracks me up is our baby peach tree (it was my Mother's Day present last year). It's got peaches growing on it! Of course, we'll have to pull them all off so the tree can put all its energy into growing, but I'm excited that it's at least trying! Our day lilies and iris are also doing really well. Hooray!
Our baby grass is growing, too, but I'm starting to worry about the eyesight of all the people who live in this neighborhood. For some reason the big patch of baby grass in our front yard is screaming for people to walk, ride bikes and drive on it. The only thing I can think is that everyone who goes by our yard needs glasses. Honestly, if it ever actually turns into a lawn I'll be shocked and amazed!
Now the trick is getting it to stop raining long enough to go out and pull weeds.

No comments: